Professional Wedding Venue
In recent years there has been a noticeable resurgence in couples choosing to get married outdoors and in closer contact with nature. Whether in a residential garden, a countryside estate, or a beautiful professional wedding venue with green areas, there are a few things to keep in mind when planning an outdoor event of this magnitude.
Linton Gardens stands out among Central Coast Wedding Venues, we offer our ample experience and expertise in planning lush outdoor weddings.
Here are 9 MUST-KNOW tips:
- Choosing to hold an outdoor wedding means placing yourself at the mercy of the weather, especially when weddings have to be planned out so far out in advance of the actual date. Whether it is a Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter wedding, make sure your chosen venue is equipped with roofed areas and that it has a supply of emergency tents or awnings available.
- If you choose to hold the ceremony or reception in an outdoors location, remember to take into consideration the types of terrain that your guests will be walking on. Women in high heels make a terrible match for soft grass. So, make sure to request some type of platform or temporary flooring if your chosen venue does not already possess something of the like.
- One common mistake we’ve seen at outdoor weddings is the decision to feature centerpieces or floral arrangements that are exceedingly tall. Outdoors the wind can pick up at a moment’s notice so plan accordingly. If your decor is too tall, you run the risk of a wayward gale knocking it down.
- Outdoor weddings present the perfect opportunity to make bold choices and take a step outside of tradition. Offering your guests an exciting menu, for example, is the ideal way to create a memorable experience. Choose a wedding venue that can provide you with a delicious culinary experience. Remember that the best menus are based on fresh, natural ingredients and local produce.
- Most Central Coast wedding venues are highly accessible, and Linton Gardens is undoubtedly no exception. However, it is essential that you consider how accessible your chosen wedding venue is. If you select a location that is well outside of the city, consider providing your guests with a form of complimentary transportation service. Providing directions to your venue for your guests can also be a great way to make sure your guests can find the location!
- Related to the previous tip, take a moment to consider your chosen venue’s infrastructure, such as bathrooms, running water, parking etc. You would not believe how many horror stories we have heard over the years about wedding venues that were not equipped to handle large groups of guests.
- Whenever possible, use local suppliers for all your needs. This helps your local economy and is one extremely effective method of saving money. If you purchase an all-inclusive package, then inquire about this point.
- As a bride you will want to look stunning, so make sure to plan your hairstyle and makeup according to the occasion. The outdoors presents stylists and makeup artists with a whole different set of challenges that they might be used to, so have a talk with them beforehand and plan accordingly.
- The whole point of an outdoor ceremony and/or reception is to be closer to nature, so do not hesitate to incorporate nature into the event’s design. Everything from the decorations, to the food, to the music, to the bridesmaids’ dresses can, and should, take inspiration from the outdoors.