Frequently Asked Questions
History of Linton Gardens
Linton gardens commenced Business operations as a wedding Reception/Function Centre in October 1997 in a newly constructed purpose built facility.
The property was one of many land grants made in the area in 1880’s.
In 1884, Alexander Hunter left his Ashfield Nursery to become the pioneer Citrus grower at Somersby, on Mangrove Mountain about 10 miles from Gosford.
In 1920 Alexander hunter sold his land to Mr. G. C. Linton who in the meantime has planted a fine collection of Camellias.
The old Historic chapel was relocated from Erina to be used for wedding Ceremonies.
The wedding market still represent the core activity of the business but successful marketing into other hospitality related area is progressing well, Linton Gardens has established an excellent reputation on the Central Coast as a premier Wedding Reception and Function Centre offering ‘Value for Money ‘ and ‘Quality Service’.